Wednesday, February 19, 2003, 7:00 p.m.
PRESENT: Robert Ganz, Bill Meredith, Ginny LaJuene, Ethel
LaPier, Barbara Kubli, Mary Fellows, Philip Ritter.
- Call to Order – Ganz called the meeting to order
at 7:05 p.m.
- Minutes – The minutes of the meeting on January 25,
2003, were accepted as written.
- New York State Lobby Day – March 18, 2003 –
Ritter handed out several items that were discussed. (Barbara Nichols Randall
was unable to attend but had sent “Talking Points from the State Library
and NYLA,” a draft letter from the Friends of the Guilderland Public
Library, and a “Brief for the support of Public Libraries” to
be distributed to those in attendance.) Fellows had prepared a draft of a
proposed letter from the LAAC to all the trustees of the UHLS member libraries.
Everyone suggested revisions to this letter, and Fellows is to prepare a final
version to be signed by Ganz and a registration form that will be mailed by
UHLS. After all of the appointments are made with the local legislators, the
schedule will be emailed to all library directors who will be asked to forward
it to all interested persons. (Copies of these items are attached.)
- County Funding – Ganz reported that he still had
not received any information about the money that is to be distributed to
Albany County libraries.
- Support Letter for Patrons – Because of the emphasis
on Lobby Day, Fellows and LaJuene agreed to postpone the consideration of
this proposed letter until the next meeting.
- Other Issues – None
- Next Meeting – Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 7:00
- Adjournment – The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.