Wednesday, January 15, 2003, 7:00
PRESENT: Barbara Nichols Randall, Mary Fellows, Philip Ritter.
- Call to Order – Ritter called the meeting to order at 7:13 p.m.
- Minutes - The minutes of the meeting on November 13, 2002, were
accepted as written.
- New York State Lobby Day – March 18, 2003 – Fellows updated us regarding
this statewide effort by NYLA. Since she is serving on the NYLA Legislative
Committee, Ritter asked if she would take the lead for UHLS in making the
appointments and other arrangements for our involvement with Lobby Day this
year, and she agreed to do so. We all agreed to support the effort to have
a “rally” on the steps of the State Capitol during 12:30-1:30 p.m. that day.
- County Funding – No information
- Library Support Bookmark – Ritter handed out new samples of this
proposed bookmark that everyone agreed had “clearer and crisper” graphics.
With two bookmarks per sheet of paper, it was agreed to send ten sheets initially
to each UHLS member library. Ritter will send an email to each director to
tell them that they are coming and to explain how they are to be used, etc.
- Support Letter for Patrons – Fellows presented the draft of a proposed
letter that she and Ginny LaJuene had prepared. Several revisions were suggested
and discussed. Fellows agreed to prepare another sample letter with appropriate
names and addresses on the back and to bring it to the next meeting for further
- Other Issues – None
- Next Meeting – Wednesday, February 19, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment – The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m.