Wednesday, May 8, 2002, 7:00 p.m.
PRESENT: Robert Ganz, Ginny LaJuene, Anne Linendoll, Bill
Meredith, Ethel LaPier, Susan Zweig, Barbara Kubli, Mary Fellows, Phil Ritter
- Ganz called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
- Albany County Legislative Funding – Ganz reported that at least 27
legislators were in favor of $.25 per capita funding, and the vote is to be
held on Monday, May 13, 2002. Ganz will speak on Monday night, and he needs
statistics for usage of Albany County libraries. Ritter will email these statistics
to Ganz on Monday afternoon.
- New York State Funding – We all need to thank Naomi Matasow for the
$1.5M of new funding that was approved recently by the NYS legislature. Ganz
will send an email of what needs to be sent to her. It was also suggested
that a letter should go to her from the UHLS Board of Trustees. Ganz noted
that member items of $2,000 to $5,000 had been restored for this year. Now
is the time to request these funds.
- City of Albany – There will be a vote on May 21 to establish a school
district library, and this has been a difficult campaign.
- Rensselaer County Funding – August is time to begin work on this
funding, and it was reported that Pat Nonamaker and Paul Hicok had already
set up a meeting with County Administrator Jimino.
- NYLA Legislative Committee – Fellows reported on the activities of
this committee, noting that they were compiling a "Best Practices"
list, which will be distributed soon.
Next meeting – It was agreed that we would meet next
on Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 7:00 p.m.
Adjournment – The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.