Unique Features and Facts:
- We have a life-size, hairy, stuffed Mastodon
in our Library. (Doesn't everybody?)
- The Library is housed in a former Episcopalian
church built in 1895.
- We loan fishing rods, museum passes,
and Playaway tablets.
- Locally, General George Washington and
other Revolutionary War figures were guests of Colonel Van Schaick,
and likely slept at the Van Schaick Mansion in Cohoes.
- The Cohoes Falls also makes an interesting
stop while you're in town!
LePage's Market offers ice cream and sandwiches and a lovely view of
the falls. Guptill's Coney Express Ice Cream is regionally famous for
its ice cream.