Albany Public Library
Washington Avenue Branch
Unique Features and Facts:
- We house the Albany Made Creative Lab
and the Local History Room (hours).
- We have the largest library youth services
room in the Capital District!
- Bleecker, our green owl mascot, lives
at this branch.
- Herman Melville, author of the famous
book Moby Dick, had a library card at Albany Public Library!
- We host the CDPHP Cycle bikeshare repair
facility in our basement.
- We have musical instruments (guitars,
bass guitars, amplifiers) and fishing poles available to borrow by
NoHo Pizza and Ben & Jerry's are both excellent, and within walking
distance to the branch.